FanDuel Sportsbook is now open to players in Virginia. The operator’s fantastic new site offers residents in VA a fun and seamless way to bet on all their favorite teams and sporting leagues. What started as a daily fantasy sports operator in 2009 is now one of the biggest gaming companies in the US, and FanDuel is expanding to allow more states to get in on the action.
Whether you want to place in-play bets on college football games or wager on the winner of the next Super Bowl, FanDuel VA does have it all. Plus, players in Virginia currently have access to a fantastic welcome offer from the sportsbook.
Sign up for a FanDuel sports account today to receive a risk-free, first bet up to $3,000 when you complete your player profile. Find out everything you need to know about the welcome offer at FanDuel VA and more below.
FanDuel Sportsbook Virginia welcome bonus
Players in Virginia can get their hands on a great welcome promotion from FanDuel Sportsbook. Simply sign up using our sportsbook link to receive a risk-free first bet up to $3,000 if your first wager loses.
To get started, set up your FanDuel account, make a deposit, and place your first wager on the site. If the bet wins, your account won’t change and you’ll be able to withdraw your winnings as normal. You’ll then be free to continue betting on the site. If your first bet loses, you’ll be given access to FanDuel’s welcome offer- a risk-free bet up to $3,000. The operator will fund your account with a credit equal to your first wager — so if your first bet on the site was $150 and it loses, FanDuel will send you a $150 risk-free bet.
Your site credit will arrive within 72 hours of your first bet being settled, and the cash must be used on a single wager. Any remaining funds will be forfeited. Winnings received from the risk-free bet are not subject to playthrough requirements.
FanDuel Sportsbook promo code February 2023
FanDuel Sportsbook VA doesn’t require a promo code to redeem its welcome offer, but you will need to follow our link through to the site to qualify. Here are the main details on the welcome offer that you need to know about.
|Online Sportsbook||FanDuel Sportsbook VA|
|Promo code||Click to claim promo|
|Risk-free bet||Up to $3,000|
|Last updated||February 2023|
Other promotions at FanDuel Sportsbook
The FanDuel VA promotions page always has a good number of offers for existing players to use. These promos change regularly, but the site generally offers parlay insurance, decision defense, and payout contests weekly. Click on the ‘Promotions’ button at the top of the sportsbook homepage for the full list on offer this week. Here’s an idea of what you’ll find.
- Multi-Sport Parlay Insurance: Place a parlay of five or more bets across any sport. If you hit four of the five legs, you’ll receive your wager back up to $25. Each leg of the parlay must have odds of -22 or greater.
- UFC Decision Defense: Get up to $1000 back if your pre-fight moneyline wager on UFC Fight Night loses. Your fighter will need to lose by split decision or majority decision to receive the funds.
- Same Game Parlay Insurance: Place the same game parlay of three or more legs on any sport. If one leg loses, you’ll receive your wager back in site credit up to $25.
- NFL Mega Contest: This promo goes back to FanDuel’s roots. Pick five NFL teams each week to beat the spread. You’ll earn points based on correct decisions – finish the season in the top 100 players to make the playoffs. Pick your way through the playoffs for the chance to win a share of $25,000.
How to register for a FanDuel account in Virginia
You’ll need to be 21 or over and live within VA state lines to create an account at the sportsbook. FanDuel uses geolocation technology and player verification processes to check your age and location.
To get started on the site, simply follow our steps below- this will ensure you also qualify for the operator’s risk-free bet. Here’s what you need to do.
- Click on our FanDuel Sportsbook link to qualify for the operator’s welcome offer and be redirected to the sportsbook site.
- Click the ‘Join Now’ button found at the top of the homepage.
- Fill in the email box and create a username and password for your account.
- Click to continue, then fill in your details as prompted. The operator requires your full name, date of birth, mailing address, and the last four digits of your SSN for verification purposes.
- Click to join and wait while FanDuel verifies your account.
- Make your first deposit and bet on the site to see if your account qualifies for FanDuel’s welcome offer.
FanDuel Sportsbook software
FanDuel is legal in the state of Virginia and is regulated by the applicable gaming board. It‘s important to note that you can only place bets at FanDuel VA if you are physically within state lines at the time – the operator uses geolocation technology to check this.
FanDuel sportsbook is very easy to use — the site is stable and allows for seamless navigation at most times. You may come across small issues during the largest sporting events of the year, but this is expected with the amount of traffic FanDuel records on these days.
The system is provided by top gaming software company IGT, so you know you’re getting the very best when you sign up for a FanDuel account. The site design is kept simple and navigation menus make finding and placing your bets as easy as possible.
FanDuel Sportsbook desktop features
FanDuel has been around since 2009, so we knew its sportsbook would be a breath of fresh air for sports gambling fans. If you’re looking for a responsive sportsbook that allows you to place all your last-minute wagers quickly, this is the one.
Though FanDuel has its mobile app (we’ll get into that shortly), the desktop site is also fully optimized for smaller screens. This means you can load the sportsbook on your smartphone, tablet, or even minimize it on your desktop with no issues.
Access promotions, live betting, popular leagues, and more from the top-left menu. You’ll also find links to in-play betting and the promotions page at the very top of the site.
Start betting by choosing a sport from the left-hand menu- these are listed in an A-Z format to make your time on the site as convenient as possible. The betting lines for your chosen sport will then load in the midsection of the sportsbook – choose your odds to add the bet to your bet slip on the right. Type in your wager and place the bet – you’ll then be able to track in on the site.
To access customer support, simply scroll to the button of the site to find help links in the footer.
FanDuel Sportsbook app review
The best sportsbooks offer a mobile app to run alongside their desktop site, and FanDuel has nailed it. The VA online sportsbook app is great for users who want the option to place bets whilst on the go. As long as you’re within VA state lines at the time of use and have access to the internet, you should be able to use the FanDuel mobile app without issue.
The mobile app almost replicates the desktop site – you’ll find the same list of sports and betting options organized in the same simple format. While you won’t be able to view your sporting options, betting lines, and bet slip on the same page, it’s easy to flick between screens. The FanDuel mobile app makes use of a pop-up betting slip which you can minimize if needed.
The app is available to download on both iOS and Android devices – here’s how to get started and claim your welcome offer at the same time.
How to download FanDuel on iOS
Both iPhone and iPad users can download the FanDuel mobile app, and the process is very straightforward. The app requires iOS 11.0 or later — so make sure to update your software before getting started.
- On your device, click on our FanDuel link to qualify for the operator’s welcome offer. This will also take you through to the sportsbook site in VA.
- Choose to register for a FanDuel account via the mobile site now, or wait to do so on the mobile app.
- As prompted by the site, click on the iOS app button. This will redirect you to the App Store.
- Install the FanDuel app onto your device, and allow the app to access your location.
- Sign up or sign in, then place your first bet to see if you are eligible for the operator’s free bet offer.
How to download FanDuel on Android
Android users can access the same great sportsbook app, though you’ll need to go through a different download process. The Play Store doesn’t list real-money gambling apps in the US, so you’ll need to download the app directly from the FanDuel website.
- Click on our FanDuel link using your Android smartphone or tablet to be redirected to the sportsbook and qualify for the welcome offer.
- Create an account now or wait to register later. You won’t need a bonus code as you’ve followed our link through to the site.
- As prompted, click on the Android mobile app pop-up.
- The app will begin to download. Head to your device settings>security to allow installs from unknown sources.
- In your notifications menu, click on the completed app download to install it onto your device.
- Log in or sign up, then make your first bet on the site to see if you will receive the operator’s free bet credit.
Sports available at FanDuel VA
FanDuel has a great list of sporting options for users to choose from – they’re all listed in a handy alphabetical format on the left-hand side of the site. The operator covers all bases with sports to suit every player – you’ll find all the major leagues as well as annual sporting events like the Super Bowl.
Sports betting options
A great number of betting options complement the sports available at the VA online sportsbook. Moneylines, point spreads, futures, totals, props, and more are all available across most sports. You’ll find promotions to run alongside some of these betting options – FanDuel almost always has a parlay insurance offer on the go so make sure to look out for those.
Live betting at FanDuel Sportsbook
Click the ‘Live’ button at the top of FanDuel’s homepage to access all in-play betting lines on the site. Choose your sport using the live betting menu- you’ll find a number beside each sport to tell you how many live games are happening that day.
You’ll then see all the betting options available to you, as well as the current odds. These odds are updated based on how the game’s playing out, so can change very quickly. Live betting is also available on the FanDuel mobile app in Virginia.
FanDuel Sportsbook offers banking methods to suit every player. All banking options have been vetted by the sportsbook and are secured using SSL encryption technology. Here’s how to deposit or withdraw at FanDuel VA.
FanDuel deposits start at $10 and can be made using both the desktop site and the mobile app — simply navigate to the cashier to get started. Add funds to your account using one of the following options:
- Credit/Debit card
- Prepaid Card
- Online banking
- Wire transfer
- Check by mail
- Cash at the casino cage
Withdrawing funds is just as easy at FanDuel Sportsbook — use online banking, PayPal, prepaid card, or receive a check by mail. To use the operator’s online withdrawal methods, you need to have used the same option to deposit funds into your account.
PayPal is the fastest withdrawal method — your cash should arrive in your account within 48 hours. Withdrawals via online banking take 3 to 5 days once processed, while checks can take 7 to 10 days to arrive by mail.
Customer support at FanDuel
FanDuel works hard to provide all users with the customer support they may need from time to time. The team is friendly and available to help around the clock with any questions you might have.
The operator’s FAQ page is a good place to start when you have a query. Head to the website’s footer then click the ‘Support’ link to get started. You’ll be able to browse several categories and make use of the search bar to find specific help.
The fastest way to get in touch with the customer support team is via live chat. Click on the blue chat icon on the FAQ page to be put in touch with someone who can help.
Is FanDuel legal in Virginia?
FanDuel is legal and regulated by the gaming board in VA to ensure the site is running to state guidelines. The operator has been around for years and therefore knows exactly how to run a sportsbook site and keep its users safe when banking and betting.
To legally create a VA online sportsbook, you must be 21 years of age or over and be within state lines at the time of betting.
FanDuel was launched in 2009 as a fantasy sports site. Players registered to create their fantasy sporting teams and place bets on how their team would perform in a real-life situation. When the US started to legalize sports betting, FanDuel jumped on the opportunity with a great site from software provider IGT.
The site is also live in Indiana, Pennsylvania, Illinois, and more. Virginia legalized online sports betting in early 2020, and FanDuel didn’t take long to introduce its sportsbook product to the state, launching on January 21, 2021.